Monday, August 8, 2011

The Ones Who Never Left

It already sounds like a cliche to once again define what friends are. Who are they and what are their roles in one's life.
Too many definitions and descriptions people already laid out when asked what is a friend, and if we gather all those definitions, maybe a few volumes could be published just defining a friend. I guess it's to each his own when it comes to friendship. It would always depend on who and what kind of experiences you have with certain people that will constitute your own personal definition of what are friends.
But if you're going to ask me, I got my own definition which I recently made up, and probably will be my only one, simply, "they are the those people who never left," I didn't mean literally, but those special human beings who were with you through your ups and downs, through your worst and best times, they may be far or near, but you always feel them around you. They stayed with you no matter who you are or what you may have become and will be afterwards. They simply love and accept you even when others may have judged you, because they understand you.
Too many people come and go in our lives, our journey is filled with people who may just be passing by; passing and sitting by; passing, sitting and waiting by; passing, sitting, waiting and staying by , and those who will stay are the friends who'll be there for you.
I have hundred of friends, but only a handful of friendships, and I would rather have friendships than friends, the ones who will never leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment