Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Past and My Future

I wish I am a fortune teller so I could find out what my future holds for me, but I am not, nor I would really like to be one. Though I would want to find out how much success I will enjoy this year, however, I have read that "next year would, for most people, be pretty much the same as this year.

That sounds like uninspiring, but in many ways, it is. The reality is that unless I change something, next year is all set in giving me more of the same. There is nothing wrong with that of course, especially if I am enjoying my life and I have in it all the things I want at the moment.

But, on the other hand, I am trying to really improve a lot in life, and the thought that next year will just be more of the same is not such an attractive proposition at all. But I need to understand that this situation is simply the law of cause and effect at work and that law is reliable, continuing and predictable. That is why I can make such a strong statement and know that it will be true. If I want to change my results, I have to change my methods.

When I think back over the last five years. What have I been doing with my time? Have I been learning and improving myself or have I been treading water? Have I been just turning up at that job of mine or have I got another project on the go at the same time? If I have not changed my methods substantially in that time, then I am very likely to have failed to improve my successes. Everything is the same, and it is.

I think it is time to say stop to all that has happened before, because what I will achieve in the future has only vaguely and remotely has anyting to do with the past. That is a very important life lesson to learn. My future can be completely different to my past if I want it to be and the way to make that happen is to start right now, in the present, by examining my ways.

First, decide what you want to change: your salary, your relationships? Whatever it is, you can do it if you are prepared to change your approach – your methods – the causes that are responsible for producing those effects that you wish to change. - Will Edwards, Inspirational Guru

He said, the principle is always the same, if we want something better, then we need to change something because we are the reason of the results that are happening in our lives. We are attracting people around whether we like them or not, we attracted the job we are currently employed in and we attracted the salary that pays for the things we have we need in our lives.

With that said, my future does not need to be the same as my past. If I am ready to change by dealing with myself, in long-term, my future will never be anything like my past.



No comments:

Post a Comment