Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Groan and Grumble, Moaning And Doing Nothing


Every now and then I find reasons to complain.
I have too much work to do, I don't get out much and enjoy myself, I don't have enough money, I need a break, I am treated unfairly, I am this and that etc...
Then something from what I read, Serene Journey, Simple Things to Enjoy Life, had asked me point blank this question: What are you doing about it?
Complaining without a any solution is meaningless. It is like just talking and stating what’s wrong with our current situation. The only way we’re going to get out of an unacceptable situation is if we make an effort. No one else cares that much.
I used to complain about my work being monotonous, but then when I went home for a short vacation, I found out that life back home isn't quite the same anymore and with the rising basic commodities, I am thankful I still have a job. To relieve myself of boredom, I challenged myself to accept more paperwork which could mean more time for encoding and more people depending on me, and pushing myself to finish a day's job as much as I can. Suddenly, monotony disappears, each day became a challenge.
I complain being alone most of the time, especially at home and I am not in my country to do the things I would like to do. It is not easy just to call a friend to come over, nor it is  safe to go out alone. So, I find ways I can enjoy my lone times by reading a book, watching movies, blogging, Facebook updating, writing and even enrolled in a photography class during weekends. There are only 24 hours in a day so I try to make the most of it.
And here's the most difficult part, I complain about not having enough money so I asked myself what would be enough, looked at where my money is currently going and how can I change it? Can I learn to be content with what I do have, realizing that so many other people have much much less than I? I did asked for some partime jobs but still waiting for replies, and maybe will find a better use of my photography after I fisnished the course.
Next time we find ourselves complaining let's turn it around and see how we can make it about us. Take control, become empowered and do something about it. Nobody cares as much about our situation as we do, so let's get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment