Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sandstorm Ever!


After more than a year in Riyadh, I never experienced such extreme sandstorm! I got paranoid and scared of these tiny, tiny particles of sand clogging my lungs! Imagine inhaling them? And after years of spending life in Saudi Arabia, I wonder if these will have an effect in my health!

I used to walk to the office in the morning, but this particular day, I took a cab even the ride took me just 5 minutes!

The whole day of Wednesday, February 11, 2009, a day when everything I saw was blurry and you can smell the dusts! The sun went from yellow to silver!

They say these are a sign that summer is on its way while others say another cold, cold days ahead. Well, whatever the weather is after, still I am a bit paranoid breathing these sand.

Also, this means that we have to clean the apartment, make "pagpag" our sofas, beds and comforters, wipe tables and vacuum the carpets! Kakalokah! Oh well, life in Saudi Arabia.

(I took these pictures in front of our office building)

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's a very big sandstorm! I never experienced one. but I saw a few on tv.

    ReplyDelete