Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My New Hobby - Baking!

One of the things you'll learn here when boredom sets in is to find new things to do. Activities that you never think of doing for reasons like, "it's not your thing." But you do it anyway just to pass time. I never thought I'd learn how to bake. But I did anyway.

Here's one of them, my very first BLUE BERRY CHEESECAKE!

Looks yummy? Well, it was, according to my housemates, who were the ones who got to taste my "works of art" before it goes to the public (my officemates) who always look forward to a treat of cookies and cakes.

It is fun and a nice way to relieve stress and boredom. I usually do baking at night when it is quiet and I can concentrate.

Another "work of art" but more of an abstract is my very first BIRTHDAY CAKE, complete with icing and all, I mentioned "first" because I still have to perfect how to put icing and slicing the cake proportionally. It was gift to a very dear friend of mine who had her birthday last October 2008. A chocolate cake with butter icing and sugar flowers, not bad! Ha! Ha! Ha!


It took me 3 hours to do this. It needs more practice, but I'll get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment