Warning:

This blog contains opinions, experiences, thoughts and observations of the author from his day to day living.
It is subject to comments, criticisms and corrections, and all will be dealt with constructively and do leave your comments I would love to hear from you.
There is no intention to offend, discriminate nor degrade anybody or anything for that matter, only shared feelings, emotions and angsts at the moment.
Welcome to my world.







Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Seven Deadly Sins - Envy


What it is: Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.
Why you do it: Because other people are so much luckier, smarter, more attractive, and better than you.
Your punishment in Hell will be: You'll be put in freezing water.
Associated symbols & suchlike: Envy is linked with the dog and the color green

And to add to my guilt, is there really a blessing in waiting?

I am just human, sometimes impatience comes to me and like termites, slowly chew their way inside my consciousness, my way of thinking, my beliefs and my confidence.
And I get irritated and envious, I am in Envy, and I am scared.
But what can I do? I am trying very hard to wait and hoping that in the end there will be something to gain, a salary increase perhaps or a better opportunity to alleviate my present life to a much, much better situation. Everyone deserves to have something, one gets what he works hard for, maybe I have not done enough? Why does a colleague got a raise and I do not? When we started at the same time? And work as hard?
They say patience is a virtue but I am running out of it, and still to those, who toil hard and waits will surely receive their blessing.
I should stop complaining, nor get envious, for I will only put myself in a miserable state. I should be trusting God and myself that just by concentrating on the present things I do and focus on the now, tomorrow will be a better day. And for whatever it’s worth, God knows, He sees and the Bible tells us the He answers all prayers in YES, NO, and WAIT.
Still, I am human, forgive me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment