Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Seven Deadly Sins - Envy


What it is: Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.
Why you do it: Because other people are so much luckier, smarter, more attractive, and better than you.
Your punishment in Hell will be: You'll be put in freezing water.
Associated symbols & suchlike: Envy is linked with the dog and the color green

And to add to my guilt, is there really a blessing in waiting?

I am just human, sometimes impatience comes to me and like termites, slowly chew their way inside my consciousness, my way of thinking, my beliefs and my confidence.
And I get irritated and envious, I am in Envy, and I am scared.
But what can I do? I am trying very hard to wait and hoping that in the end there will be something to gain, a salary increase perhaps or a better opportunity to alleviate my present life to a much, much better situation. Everyone deserves to have something, one gets what he works hard for, maybe I have not done enough? Why does a colleague got a raise and I do not? When we started at the same time? And work as hard?
They say patience is a virtue but I am running out of it, and still to those, who toil hard and waits will surely receive their blessing.
I should stop complaining, nor get envious, for I will only put myself in a miserable state. I should be trusting God and myself that just by concentrating on the present things I do and focus on the now, tomorrow will be a better day. And for whatever it’s worth, God knows, He sees and the Bible tells us the He answers all prayers in YES, NO, and WAIT.
Still, I am human, forgive me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment