Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jason Mraz


Jason Mraz. I am not familiar with this artist until my brother told me to use one of his songs entitled “I’m Yours” as a background music in his wedding video presentation (which I made). It was a cool music, light yet upbeat, specially the lyrics which really matches the 8-year long relationship of my brother and his wife.
Nonetheless, I fell in love with the song. I looked up for other songs by this artist and fell in love with them too. I love particularly the “Beauty In Ugly” which is obviously the theme for the world famous show Ugly Betty, and the lyrics is an inspiration for those people having low self-esteem. “You and I Both” a romantic song towards a love one, and other nice-to-listen-to songs. His voice is cool, clear and soothing, well for me.
His “Wordplay” where he tells his unique style of singing, playing with words, how he applied words to the melody, kind of like a tongue twister, indeed when I tried to sing along with “I’m Yours” I get tongue-twisted.
Good artist, cool voice, nice songs, couldn’t ask for more, but maybe listen to him live, but that’s wishful thinking. But who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment