Warning:

This blog contains opinions, experiences, thoughts and observations of the author from his day to day living.
It is subject to comments, criticisms and corrections, and all will be dealt with constructively and do leave your comments I would love to hear from you.
There is no intention to offend, discriminate nor degrade anybody or anything for that matter, only shared feelings, emotions and angsts at the moment.
Welcome to my world.







Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Grass Is Always Greenest, At Exactly Where I Am!

I am guilty of thinking that life might be better ANYWHERE other than where I am right now. Some thoughts like:

Life will be better once I’m out of debt.
Maybe it is better if I go to another country.
If only I could find a job with a better pay.

The truth is some of my problems may go away once I have all my "if only's" and "better when's" but still my life won't be perfect. New problems will come and I would likely be finding myself wishing for this "perfect" life to be different still. I can only dream that the grass will be greener on the other side because it's only when I live it do I actually see it for what it really is.
Whatever I have in mind about an alternate lifestyle,  location, job, financial situation and so on, rest assured that each one will have it's own special set of issues.

So what can I do about this? I chose to be content with what I already have.

Just by looking around me I can already be grateful with what I see. I realized that there are less fortunate people than me and right now, rightly or wrongly, they are wishing for my exact lifestyle. When I look back 4 years ago, I was  wishing for an overseas work, and without me recaling about that time, I am right where I wished to be. Life just happens so gradually that I loose my thoughts on achievements, growth and successes.
It is free to dream big. But I should not let those dreams cloud the good things I have in front of me right now. That is why I am considering this truth, that the grass is greenest right where I am, under my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment