Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Grass Is Always Greenest, At Exactly Where I Am!

I am guilty of thinking that life might be better ANYWHERE other than where I am right now. Some thoughts like:

Life will be better once I’m out of debt.
Maybe it is better if I go to another country.
If only I could find a job with a better pay.

The truth is some of my problems may go away once I have all my "if only's" and "better when's" but still my life won't be perfect. New problems will come and I would likely be finding myself wishing for this "perfect" life to be different still. I can only dream that the grass will be greener on the other side because it's only when I live it do I actually see it for what it really is.
Whatever I have in mind about an alternate lifestyle,  location, job, financial situation and so on, rest assured that each one will have it's own special set of issues.

So what can I do about this? I chose to be content with what I already have.

Just by looking around me I can already be grateful with what I see. I realized that there are less fortunate people than me and right now, rightly or wrongly, they are wishing for my exact lifestyle. When I look back 4 years ago, I was  wishing for an overseas work, and without me recaling about that time, I am right where I wished to be. Life just happens so gradually that I loose my thoughts on achievements, growth and successes.
It is free to dream big. But I should not let those dreams cloud the good things I have in front of me right now. That is why I am considering this truth, that the grass is greenest right where I am, under my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment