Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Decisions and Choices


One of the greatest gift God had given us is the power of FREE WILL, He had let us mend for ourselves and be responsible for all our undertakings. Decisions and coming to terms with our choices in life.
Taking responsibility for our actions and standing firm with our decisions.
I am not different from others, and I believe that each and every one of us encounters the same thing, deciding on anything that matter.
Starting our day upon waking up, we already, instantly make choices, whether to go directly to the bathroom or to have breakfast first from what to wear, which shoes to match, which perfume to wear, etc., etc.
This free will can either make or break you, maybe that’s why God put our brain above our heart so that we would think and contemplate first on anything we say or do, as the heart most often than not leads to heartaches and pain, however, our brain’s downside is regret. Regretting is the result of wrong decisions, but it takes a strong and steady personality to overcome this for the knowledge that for every wrong choice we made there is always a chance that we can make better next time, and the lessons which comes after will definitely influence one’s perspective.
I never, well that’s an understatement, one can never not regret any mistakes they’ve done, so I always pick up the pieces of what’s left after every bad choices I made, and as much as I can I try to incorporate the lessons learned so that next time, there’ll be less pain.
So I hope the decisions I made lately will lead to a better, and hoping for a much better, future for me. Like:
1. Staying and sticking out with the job and company I have and pray for the best (for the next two years anyway, in God’s will.)
2. Minimize my expenses and maximize my savings so I can purchase a new place solely for my own. (Amen, amen, amen!)
3. Cleanse myself of bad habits, no matter how hard, but I’d try anyway. (Oh men!)
4. Wait for Mr. Right and hope he’s just around the corner, somewhere. (Well, good luck!)
5. The rest will come and I will just deal with them choices and decisions as they come. (I need to pray more!)
So decisions and choices, it’s up to us. One thing is for sure though, let us pray to God that no matter what we decide for ourselves, let us rest again, with the knowledge that He will guide us and keep us and that He would bless us.
I remember, my dear friend Ivy reintroduced to me the Prayer of Jabez, that says in 1 Chronicles 4:10, and read: "And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that Thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that Thine hand might be with me, and that Thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested."

Amen?

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment