Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Diet - Smoothies


I started taking smoothies for breakfast, lunch and dinner for two weeks already, no, I have not stopped eating meat and rice totally, but I am cutting back of my intake of carbs and meat slowly.

I woke up one day and passed by a mirror, and shirtless and in my underwear, I stopped and noticed that my stomach is starting to bulge, and there was a love handle starting to form on my sides. I got conscious and thought of losing them.

I am never, chubby, never in my life I tipped the scale more than what I weight. Thanks to my active metabolism it was never a problem eating anything I like. But also, time and age catches up, I am not that young anymore, so I guess things are slowing down.

At the same time, starting to live a healthy life, should start with what we eat, right? I am not becoming a diet-maniac, I am just trying to balance what I eat.

So I am hooked into making smoothies.

My regular recipe includes: 1 Banana, 1 Apple, 1 Cucumber, 1 Carrot, Yogurt, 1 Tomato and Mango Juice for the liquid part, and I blend them away. The taste is yummy, fruity with tinge of tomato, as I find tomato very tasty in the mixture.

I also got back into working out, so an after work out smoothie includes: 1 tbsp peanut butter, a glass of non-fat milk, 1 Banana, and 2 tbsps of oatmeal.

I try to experiment by mixing fruits and vegetables, sometimes the blend is superb, sometimes I can't explain the taste.

Once I added a handful of Spinach and a shocking taste came out, I thought I drank a smoothie with a handful of soil, for it tastes like soil!!!

But I drank a glass and a half of it anyway, while pinching my nose that is!

Anyway, I hope doing this and my regular workout would result to a better me, physically. Wish me luck and hope to really lose 'em belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment